Calico Black Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans, green onions, tomatoes, onion and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 123 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 10, 2017
Love this salad. I actually use it as a dip with Tortilla chips. I used lime juice instead of lemon and added chopped avocado and cilantro. Will definitely make this again.
Nov 5, 2011
Have made this recipe twice and compliments both times. My husband and I really like it. I would make it anytime at all!
Aug 3, 2011
Great Black Bean Salad, as there is only two of us, I only used one can of Black Beans......which was just great, very tasty, my husband would like more!