Calico Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, zucchini, red pepper, chilies and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and stir gently. Chill for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 191 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 10, 2013
Excellent salad! I had some leftover cooked corn on the cob, so I cut it off the cob and used that instead of the frozen corn. I don't like raw onion in salads, so I put a little dried minced onion in the dressing. Had no zucchini so left it out. I even skipped the green chilies, but did use a little extra on the sweet red pepper because I had some. It was absolutely delicious even with all the liberties I took with the recipe. I plan to make it again for a church potluck this weekend. A keeper!
Jul 8, 2011
Delicious salad! I exchanged the zucchini for 2 cans (16 oz each) Black Beans. It was very tasty. I served it at a family picnic potluck and received rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I'll for sure make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.