Colorful Black Bean Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow or green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, yellow pepper, onions and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 137 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 7, 2016
This salad was so easy to make and absolutely delicious! I'm always looking for great recipes to showcase my garden produce and this one was perfect! I can't wait to make it again!
Jun 9, 2014
My whole family really likes this salad. I have taken the salad to work pot lucks and it was well liked there also.
Sep 1, 2012
A wonderful summer salad. I have been making this salad, with my garden's help, since I found this recipe in 2002. I lost all my Quick Cooking magazines, this website is an excellent resource for me.