Black Bean Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 221 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Jul 7, 2016
It's a hot evening and I didn't feel much like cooking. Made this bean salad to go with hot dogs on a bun. This salad is easy to make , different from the usual pasta salads and very tasty. It is for certain that I will add this to my collection of pasta salads recipes.
May 8, 2011
This is so easy to make and it's a nice change of pace from the usual mayo based macaroni salad or the Italian dressing based pasta salads. Would definately recommend trying.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.