Tortellini Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and place in a serving bowl. Add broccoli, onion, beans and olives. Combine the salad dressing, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and oregano; pour over salad and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 218 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Apr 17, 2016
Probably 4 stars, but extra points for the vegetarian source of protein. Serve this instead of "regular" tortellini salad if any of your guests are vegetarian.
Jul 13, 2014
Awesome ! Excellent flavor !! And easy to make !! Bringing it to a family dinner today it's so good !!
Aug 10, 2013
I might make this again...probably not but if I did I would either eliminate the olives or use less and slice them rather than have them whole...they just seem to be a bit overwhelming to me. This wasn't bad but I'm sure there are some other options that would be better so next time I'm thinking of something like this for a side dish I'll try something new.
Feb 9, 2010
This is one of my favorite salads to make, especially in the summer. The italian dressing and shredded parmesan cheese along with the oregano really make it taste special. My husband doesn't really like broccoli but doesn't mind it in this delicious salad.
Dec 20, 2009
Made this numberous times. People are asking for the recipe. I change the type of beans off and on.