Black Bean Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, combine the green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomato sauce and black beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 252 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 25, 2015
This recipe should not be called 'Black Bean Pasta'. That would mean the pasta is made using black beans. Of which there is such recipes. The recipe should read: Pasta With Black Beans.
Apr 17, 2015
Wasn't one of my favorites I have made. Was hoping for more flavor...
Apr 10, 2010
I'll add this to my short list of delicious meals I can fix when I don't have much time. For a gluten-free meal, I served this over brown rice instead of pasta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.