White Bean Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 2-1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place tomatoes in a colander and sprinkle with salt; let stand for 1 hour. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add tomatoes; toss gently. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 134 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2015
This salad is wonderful! It's quick and easy to make, but tastes like you fussed! I substituted 2 Tbl. of my homemade frozen pesto for the fresh basil, since my fresh basil was not big enough to pick yet. We thought the substitution worked just fine. I'm looking forward to making this salad again!
Feb 3, 2010
I used 2 cans of beans and one can of diced tomatoes. It was very good.