- 2-1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place tomatoes in a colander and sprinkle with salt; let stand for 1 hour. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add tomatoes; toss gently. Refrigerate until serving.
1 cup: 134 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.