Black Bean Asparagus Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash pepper
- Place 1/2 in. of water in a large saucepan; add asparagus. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine the asparagus, beans, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 100 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 15, 2014
Delicious, healthy, and simple. The only hard part is waiting for it to chill!
Oct 4, 2012
Was good as a side dish. Added some shredded chicken and ate it for lunch. Yum.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.