Radish Asparagus Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 7 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add radishes and sesame seeds. Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 73 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 3, 2019
We have an abundance of asparagus and I'm always looking for new recipes. This was just okay for us. The first day it was good, then not so good leftover. I'm not sure - maybe it was the lemon. We will not be making again. We also felt the sesame seeds were unnecessary. They ended up at the bottom on the bowl.
Apr 22, 2019
Unusual. Very tasty and pretty on the table. Everyone liked it.
Jun 11, 2018
I rarely review but found this to be easy and lite and refreshing. the dressing is very good. perfect for a spring meal.