Asparagus Nicoise Salad
I’ve used this Nicoise as an appetizer or a main-dish salad, and it’s a winner every time I put it on the table. Here’s to a colorful, do-ahead sure thing. —Jan Meyer, St. Paul, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes (about 10), halved
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3 pouches (2-1/2 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved, optional
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-12 minutes, adding asparagus during the last 2-4 minutes of cooking. Drain potatoes and asparagus; immediately drop into ice water.
- To serve, drain potatoes and asparagus; pat dry and divide among 4 plates. Add tuna and, if desired, olives. Drizzle with dressing.