Chicken Nicoise Salad
This salad makes it easy to eat what’s good for you. It’s versatile, so you can use asparagus in place of green beans and salmon instead of tuna, or add garden tomatoes. And if you follow the keto diet, you'll be happy to know this is a keto chicken salad. —Nick Monfre, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (5 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwest-style grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, cut into wedges
- In a saucepan, cook green beans in boiling water just until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water to cool. Drain; pat dry.
- Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients. In a small bowl, lightly toss tuna with olives and capers.
- Line platter with salad greens; top with tuna mixture, green beans and remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing.