Nectarine Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 5 medium ripe nectarines, thinly sliced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, sugar, thyme, oil and garlic; shake well.
- On a serving platter, arrange salad greens, chicken and nectarines. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 266 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 8, 2016
Wonderfully light and refreshing. The dressing is delicious. I added a touch of crumbled bleu cheese, cut up scallions, and celery. Served it with pita bread. It's a keeper.
Aug 6, 2013
This was very good. I used leftover cooked chicken which made it even faster. I used peaches instead of nectarines and thought a few blueberries would have been nice, too. We enjoyed this a lot -- a perfect light supper for summer time.
Aug 22, 2011
Added blueberries, red onion and sliced cucumber. Used panko breaded baked chicken. Delicious!