Berry Chicken Salad
Bright berries and creamy goat cheese make this one a winner! —Wendy Ball, Battle Creek, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup prepared fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. On a greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, berries, cheese and pecans. Cut chicken into slices; add to salad. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad with 1 chicken breast half and 1 tablespoon dressing : 268 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Amazing Berry Chicken Goat Cheese Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010