Berry Delightful Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- In a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook sugar until it begins to melt. Gently drag melted sugar to the center of pan so sugar melts evenly. Cook, without stirring, until sugar is dark reddish brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Pour onto a foil-lined baking sheet; cool completely. Break pecans apart if necessary.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and blueberries. Place the first six dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing; toss to coat. Top with sugared pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 350 calories, 29g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 20, 2012
Overall this recipe was a fail in my house. We much prefer Berry Spinach Salad with Almonds. The dressing is what makes the difference.
Apr 26, 2011
I made it for a party and my father-in-law and several guests told me several times that they really liked the salad. I did not have the blueberries, and it was still excellent! For Easter I brought my father-in-law a jar full of the salad dressing made with farm fresh strawberries.
Apr 25, 2011
The dressing is really yummy, even though I used only 1/2 cup of olive oil. It was a great spring salad. I will be making it again!
Mar 27, 2011
I used romaine, spinach & a spring mix for the greens. DIdn't have blueberries so didn't add that. I also sprinkled some feta cheese on salad. It's a keeper.
Mar 25, 2011
Very good. I added more strawberries then the recipe called for in the dressing and also decreased the amount of oil in the dressing. I put about 1/2 cup instead of 2/3 of the olive oil. It's delicious!