Buffalo Chicken Salad
Delicious, and even better—quick! This Buffalo Chicken Salad is a summer staple at our house. Sometimes we cook the chicken on the grill, then sprinkle the hot sauce over it with the dressing, because you've gotta have that kick! —Cori Cooper, Flagstaff, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, saute chicken until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes; remove to a bowl. Stir in hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- On a platter, combine romaine, celery and carrots. Top with chicken. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 229 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.