Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Salad
My husband and sons love chicken with blue cheese, so I created this salad. You can even make the chicken the day before and reheat when ready to serve. —Shauna Havey, Roy, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2- or 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with wing sauce, butter and ranch dressing mix. Cook, covered, on low until thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Reserve 1/3 cup cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Return chicken and reserved juices to slow cooker; heat through.
- Add romaine salad mix to a serving dish. Top with shredded chicken, carrots, avocado and blue cheese; drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Serve immediately.