Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper and chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing
- Unroll pizza crust into a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Brush dough with 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce. Combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle a third over the crust. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic salt, pepper and chili powder in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the remaining wing sauce; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon over pizza. Sprinkle with oregano and remaining cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 18-20 minutes. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 958 calories, 38 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 3,563 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 76 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2018
Being from Buffalo you know you’re going to put your spin on: Homemade crust definitely or buy from deli.Just make the regular wing sauce in large skillet:1 stick margarine or butter1 large chopped fresh chicken breastFranks Hot Sauce...to your taste but no less than 1/2 Cup3 stalks celery dicedBlue cheese crumblesBlue cheese dressingHeat butter in skillet on medium and add chopped chicken and when it turns white add Franks Hot Sauce. Cook until reduced enough for topping pizza dough. Spread on crust and top with diced celery and top with blue cheese crumbles. You can put on mottzarella which will cool the heat but I suggest out of the oven to just drizzle with blue cheese dressing.Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes depending on oven and crust thickness.Better make two...one is not enough. This is when beer goes best with pizza. Thanks Buffalo for the beginnings of all these great recipes!
Feb 6, 2017
"Fantastic - Husband, son & grandson thought so too. Made for SuperBowl. My husband snuck two pieces to put away for the next day! He said this is company worthy!"
Jan 24, 2017
I used Morningstar Farms veggie "chicken" strips and Spicy Garlic wing sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings. If was very good!
Jun 20, 2016
Fantastic! I added diced onions to the chicken while cooking. Husband and teen boys loved it!
Sep 26, 2015
Very good! Not too spicy, but it has just enough to make it delicious! I make a homemade crust with it, and there are never any leftovers.
Jul 25, 2013
My husband LOVES buffalo stuff so I made him this pizza & he asks for it all of the time! I make a homemade crust for it though instead of the refrigerator crust & it turns out scrumptious!
Apr 28, 2013
This was a wonderful recipe that my family raved about.
Apr 19, 2013
great recipe, im a college student and am always looking for quick and easy meals to try, and i love how easy and delicious this recipe is!!!
Nov 24, 2012
Wow, this was so good! easy and I wouldn't change a thing!
Oct 14, 2012
Home run! My guys loved this recipe. Perfect for watching a football game and a ice cold beer or soda! The spices on the chicken were perfect. I decided to use 6 tablespoons of dressing as the sauce on the pizza crust rather than the buffalo sauce. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as listed. Can't wait to make it again!