Buffalo Chicken Meat Loaf
Here's a great way to spice up a plain chicken meat loaf. It combines two of my favorite Sunday afternoon foods into one easy-to-make meal that's a huge hit with my family. —Holly Jones, Kennesaw, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
Makes1 loaf (4 servings)
- 1 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Additional chopped celery, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in 3/4 cup cheese. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange bacon over top.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix wing sauce, mustard and honey; spoon over meat loaf. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese and, if desired, additional celery. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 621 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 2445mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Buffalo Meatloaf in tasteofhome.com