Buffalo Chicken Meat Loaf
Here's a great way to spice up a plain meat loaf. It combines two of my favorite Sunday afternoon foods into one easy-to-make meal that's a huge hit with my family. —Holly Jones, Kennesaw, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
Makes1 loaf (4 servings)
- 1 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Additional chopped celery, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in 3/4 cup cheese. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange bacon over top.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix wing sauce, mustard and honey; spoon over meat loaf. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese and, if desired, additional celery. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 621 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 2445mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Buffalo Meatloaf in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.