Chicken & Blue Cheese Pizza
The blue cheese in place of the expected mozzarella gives this pizza a surprising and sophisticated taste. It's excellent as an entree or appetizer—it can be prepared in a round pizza pan as well. —Beverly Lynch, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium-high heat until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, salt and pepper. Unroll and press dough onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Spoon chicken mixture over dough. Bake until crust is lightly browned, 14-16 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon; drizzle with remaining oil. Bake until heated through, 3-5 minutes.
Freeze option: Prepare pizza as directed, decreasing bake time to 10 minutes. Top with cheese and bacon; drizzle with remaining oil. Cool. Securely wrap and freeze partially baked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake until crust is lightly browned and toppings are heated through, 15-20 minutes.
Originally published as Tuscana Chicken, Spinach and Carmelized Onion Pizza in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.