Bacon-Cheddar Potato Croquettes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 40 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Barbecue sauce, Dijon-mayonnaise blend or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into balls. Roll in cracker crumbs. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine butter and paprika; drizzle over croquettes. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Freeze option: Prepare croquettes as directed, omitting chilling step. Transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Prepare butter mixture; drizzle over croquettes. Cover and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, bake croquettes as directed, increasing time to 20-25 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2019
I had some left over mashed potatoes and came here to find something to use them with and voila - a winner and it made so many and that sauce was to die for - so easy to do and the flavor was amazing and anything with bacon is a hit.
Nov 8, 2015
Great way to use leftovers; if freeze, cook frozen not defrosted