Bacon & Cheddar Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In same pan, brown chicken in drippings over medium heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Brush with 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Transfer to oven; bake 8 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake until cheese is melted and a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 435 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein.
Aug 25, 2019
I was concerned that the cooking time would dry out the chicken, but it didn't. Next time I make this, I'll cook the bacon first, then crumble it. It was a bit difficult to pre-chop the bacon. Super delicious dish.
Oct 10, 2018
This chicken was delicious, didn’t change a thing!
May 7, 2017
We loved this! I subbed dried chives for the green onions, and cooked it on an indoor grill/press. Fast and delicious.
Apr 6, 2017
Complete and total hit with the family. The flavor combination is amazing. I had everything on hand but the green onions so I used parsley. It was a quick meal for a weeknight too. I used kitchen shears to cut up the bacon. Easily adjustable for more or less servings. I cooked a couple more slices of bacon because more bacon is always better.Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 2, 2017
Loved how quickly this came together and it was delicious! Sides can dress it up or down , and our son wants to make it as a sandwich next time. Definitely making again.
Mar 26, 2017
This was a huge winner at our home. So easy to prepare and delicious. I made no changes to the recipe except to prepare only one chicken breast to split with hubby. We will be having this again.Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 25, 2017
A definite keeper! Great combination of flavors, and the chicken was amazingly juicy and tender. On-hand ingredients, 30 minute cook time, all done in one cast iron skillet = big win! This is perfect for those "too tired" days or for unexpected guests.
Mar 20, 2017
Juicy, flavorful, and oh-so-simple. This is easy enough for a weeknight but nice enough for company. It comes together quickly and uses pantry/refrigerated staples. We'll be making this recipe again soon!
Mar 2, 2017
Quick and easy meal for busy weeknight. Definitely make again.
Feb 27, 2017
This comes together super quickly and is super flavorful. I pounded the chicken breasts to a half inch thickness first, because the kids seem to like them better that way. I will definitely make this again when looking for a quick dinner.