Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 475°. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine oil with next five ingredients; brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes on each side. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 potato skin: 350 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2019
I made these as an appetizer at Christmas and everyone raved about them. I had to make them again at New Year's per my family's request. The only change I made is that I used golden potatoes rather than russet, since my kids are picky about the russet skins. you have to be a little more careful when you are scooping out the golden potatoes.
Feb 28, 2019
I never made potatoe skins before. They turned out Fabulous!! I'm making them again Today. 2nd time this week!! Best Recipe
Dec 29, 2018
Grand daughter asked for them ,forgot how to make I found this recipe delicious made for Christmas day. I used fresh ground sea salt with the five ingredients it was so delicious. The odd little burst of salt YUM. Son in law told another person if you don't like potato skins try these because then you will
Nov 27, 2018
Better than any potato skin I have ever had!
Sep 25, 2017
Excellent! My familly loved them!!
Sep 22, 2017
LOVED THE RECIPE. CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT
Sep 12, 2017
These are tasty, and quick to make from potatoes baked the previous day. Mine came out a bit too oily -- be sure to drain the bacon well and don't overdo the cheese.
Oct 20, 2016
I've been making these since the recipe first appeared in 1998. I think the salt is a matter of preference and depends on how much you use as well as the type of Parmesan you choose. Those less expensive cheeses can be saltier. Personally I use Pecorino Romano as we prefer that. I've used those ready made bacon bits on occasion but haven't in some time. Overall this is a great recipe. When serving for a party I bake the potatoes ahead, scoop out the centers & get the oil & seasonings put together ahead of time for quick prep work later. They come out great every time!
Feb 1, 2015
These are the best ever!
Feb 10, 2014
Great easy recipe. Received rave reviews at our super bowl party. Have made them again using a jar of bacon bits and still received request for the recipe.