Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 475°. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine oil with next five ingredients; brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes on each side. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 potato skin: 350 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Sep 25, 2017
Excellent! My familly loved them!!
Sep 22, 2017
LOVED THE RECIPE. CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT
Sep 12, 2017
These are tasty, and quick to make from potatoes baked the previous day. Mine came out a bit too oily -- be sure to drain the bacon well and don't overdo the cheese.
Oct 20, 2016
I've been making these since the recipe first appeared in 1998. I think the salt is a matter of preference and depends on how much you use as well as the type of Parmesan you choose. Those less expensive cheeses can be saltier. Personally I use Pecorino Romano as we prefer that. I've used those ready made bacon bits on occasion but haven't in some time. Overall this is a great recipe. When serving for a party I bake the potatoes ahead, scoop out the centers & get the oil & seasonings put together ahead of time for quick prep work later. They come out great every time!
Feb 1, 2015
These are the best ever!
Feb 10, 2014
Great easy recipe. Received rave reviews at our super bowl party. Have made them again using a jar of bacon bits and still received request for the recipe.
Jan 3, 2014
I will never want to order potato skins at a restaurant again, these are better.
Oct 13, 2013
Delicious! I'm going to need to tweak it though, not as crisp as I expected. Maybe take out my potato?
Oct 2, 2013
Great recipe that received several compliments. I highly recommend.
Jan 12, 2012
I finally found a potato skin recipe with great taste and just the right crispness! My whole family loved them and said these were the best skins they ever had!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.