Baked Potato Skins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp or fully cooked ham, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 in. shell. (Save removed potato pulp for another use.)
- Cut skins into strips or halves; brush skin sides with butter and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle pulp sides with salt and paprika; top each with the green onions, bacon, ham or shrimp, chopped peppers and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and skins are crisp. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 432 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Feb 4, 2014
These were good, but next time I think I'll leave a little more potato in the skins.
Dec 31, 2013
I made these recently for a party we were having. They were a big hit! I did not have green pepper so I left that out and these were still great. I will definitely be making these again.
Jun 21, 2013
I have made these on a couple of different occasions - now whenever we are invited over for a cook-out - I am asked to make them!
Mar 3, 2012
Wonderful!! my 2 favorite foods together
Dec 9, 2011
I make these for my family holiday parties and there are never any leftovers...
Jun 14, 2010
I think my family will really like this recipe. The grandkids will help me make it for their dad on Father's Day.
Dec 5, 2009
This recipe is awesome! I took this dish to a Christmas party last night and everyone (including my fussy brother) loved this recipe. It is easy to make and is totally a welcomed treat to any get together. Thanks for the great recipe....
Jul 24, 2008
Sure wish I could get this receipe on a group menu for 100 people.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.