Crispy Potato Skins
The creamy topping on these is so delicious. They're perfect for snacking on while watching football games.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins.
- Place potato skins on a baking sheet. Brush butter over shells; top with picante sauce, cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake potatoes, skin side down, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and skins are crisp. Sprinkle with tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Serve with potato skins.
Originally published as Grilled Potato Skins in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.