Crispy Potato Cubes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper. Add potatoes; seal bag and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; stir in the garlic. Add potatoes and bay leaf.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 29, 2016
These are very good, and they didn't tend to burn like the ranch potatoes I've tried to make before w/ ranch dressing mix. One could experiment and change up the herbs used in this, but I think the thyme and marjoram are a good combo.
Feb 28, 2016
These were very good and easy to make!
Sep 17, 2012
These are the best tasting baked potatoes I have had in a long time.
Aug 30, 2011
THese are SO good, tasty and easy!
Feb 1, 2011
These potatoes were delicious and very easy to prepare! The only problem is that we eat more of them than we should! Leftovers are very tasty warmed up and served as hash browns for a weekend breakfast too...
Aug 3, 2010
Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious! This recipe has become a "good ol' stand-by" at my house!
Jul 28, 2010
My husband isn't one for "fancy" seasonings - basically anything other than salt, pepper, or seasoning salt, but he LOVED these! He asked why I hadn't made them before.The only thing I did a little different - I added a little less than a teaspoon of rosemary. My thyme and marjoram weren't the freshest and I was afraid the potatoes wouldn't season well. This will probably become a staple, go-to recipe in my house as well! Not difficult to make at all!
May 3, 2010
This is one of the best potato recipes we have ever tried. Will definitely become a staple in our household.
Apr 18, 2010
Absolutely THE BEST potato recipe I've found!!! My family can't get enough of them. I have to make a double batch each time I make them, which has become about once a week. Thanks for a GREAT treat!
Nov 22, 2009
These are fabulous!