Sweet Potato Crisp
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, quartered
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes, cream cheese and cinnamon until smooth. Spread into an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse apples and cranberries until chopped; spread over potato mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, oats and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 206 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 7, 2013
This sweet potato dish is amazing! I am always looking for recipies with sweet potatoes; particularly those that don't contain sugar shock. I didn't have to modify this at all. It was sweet enough with just the topping. I used frozen cranberries and they weren't too tart. All of my family liked this all my boys and my super picky husband, which is saying something. Definately will be making this again.
Nov 13, 2011
We first made this for Thanksgiving 2006. It is so good we have had it every Thanksgiving since then.
Dec 23, 2010
I made this for my Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loved it. I'm going to bring it to my in laws Christmas dinner and I'm sure I'll get plenty of raves.
Sep 18, 2008
this is a yummy recipe my sister has been making it the last 4 years for thanksgiving.Its so good its manditory she make it.