Classic Sweet Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-2/3 cups pie crust mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped topping and additional chopped pecans, toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pie crust mix and pecans. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or cast iron skillet. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Flute edges; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and toasted pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 417 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2015
Just made this pie for thanksgiving 2015....Yum, I used Whipping Cream instead of Sweet Milk, and real organic sweet potatoes, hate some can foods, also added a little grated nutmeg, YUMMMMMMMM
Aug 28, 2014
I have made this quite a few times and everyone loves it and wants the recipe. If i'm short on time I just use a frozen ready made pie crust and it still taste great. This is a Keeper recipe
Nov 29, 2010
Could it get any better? No! The can sweet potatoes make this super easy to prepare. And your getting a veggie/dessert in one!
Dec 26, 2009
Delicious! I received raves for this pie, and it couldn't be easier to make.
Nov 18, 2008
The Recipe for this seems amazing!!! Any way I could substitute the 2 cans of Sweet Potato for 2 cans of Pumpkin?