Classic Sweet Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-2/3 cups pie crust mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped topping and additional chopped pecans, toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pie crust mix and pecans. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Flute edges; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and toasted pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 417 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 26, 2015
Just made this pie for thanksgiving 2015....Yum, I used Whipping Cream instead of Sweet Milk, and real organic sweet potatoes, hate some can foods, also added a little grated nutmeg, YUMMMMMMMM
Aug 28, 2014
I have made this quite a few times and everyone loves it and wants the recipe. If i'm short on time I just use a frozen ready made pie crust and it still taste great. This is a Keeper recipe
Nov 29, 2010
Could it get any better? No! The can sweet potatoes make this super easy to prepare. And your getting a veggie/dessert in one!
Dec 26, 2009
Delicious! I received raves for this pie, and it couldn't be easier to make.
Nov 18, 2008
The Recipe for this seems amazing!!! Any way I could substitute the 2 cans of Sweet Potato for 2 cans of Pumpkin?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.