Lemony Sweet Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- Press mashed sweet potatoes through a sieve or food mill. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, water, butter and extracts. Stir in the sugar and sweet potatoes. Pour into shell.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve pie with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 407 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 28, 2015
Very good and easy to make the lemon flavor threw me off a lil but it was actually a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend you at least try it once before judging it. I'm glad I did!
Nov 22, 2014
Been making this for years! Best sweet potato pie recipe out there. I don't wait till thanksgiving to make it, I enjoy it all year round! :)
Nov 15, 2013
This pie is now part of my family thanksgiving every year. Is in very high demand by all my friends and family at all out get togethers. It's wonderfully yummy. I just use canned sweet potatoes it's so easy!
Nov 11, 2012
The best sweet potato pie ever!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.