Best-Ever Sweet Potato Pie
My grandmother handed down this recipe and it’s amazing! The flavor, with a hint of maple and great spices, totally lives up to its name. —Erin Gibbons, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour 15 min.
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Brush crust with egg white. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into crust. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 70-80 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.