Butternut-Sweet Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, squash, sweet potato, honey, flour, salt and spices. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack; serve within 2 hours or refrigerate and serve cold. If desired, top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without whipped cream): 373 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2014
Terrific pie!! Everyone loved it!
May 10, 2014
excellent pie for the sweet potato lover!
Dec 13, 2013
This pie is one of the best holiday pies I have ever made! It is a huge crowd pleaser!