Sweet Onion Pie
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 sweet onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook onions in butter over medium-low heat until very tender, 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450° for 6 minutes. Remove foil; cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 425°.
- Spoon onions into crust. In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk, salt and pepper; pour over onions. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 169 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 13, 2019
With Vidalia's this turned out really tasty. last 4 min I topped it of with medium shredded Cheddar cheese.
Nov 4, 2011
My mother-in-law loves this recipe. It is quick, easy and so tasty.