Sweet Onion Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 5 large sweet onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Place half of onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 16, 2018
Excellent recipe, if you love onions, like I do! I halved the recipe, and it was plenty for me for a light dinner with leftovers. I was tempted to add garlic or onion powder, but I'm glad that I didn't. It is perfect the way it is listed. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best!!
Sep 18, 2017
Made this as a side for ribs and baked beans. It made a larger quantity than I was expecting so we had plenty of leftovers all week. I'll probably cut down by 1/2 next time if cooking for our normal crowd.
Jun 2, 2015
I love having this with steak!
Jun 11, 2012
I make this recipe all the time. It is over the top delicious! And...it's so easy to make. Yum!
Mar 29, 2010
this dish was fantastic...had it at a dinner party on saturday night and everyone loved it. I've printed out and putting it in my recipe box its a dish to make over and over again
May 19, 2009
Thank you for posting this. I had this recipe but I lost it and have been looking for it ever since. Absolutely delicious
May 19, 2009
This is a very easy dish to make and it is soooo good! I will make it again. If you like onions, you will like this one. It's a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.