Easy Sweet Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Pour into pastry shell. For glaze, combine the sugar, flour, butter and milk; drizzle over sweet potato mixture. Garnish with pecans. Cover edges or pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 498 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 10, 2015
My husband talked with a guy he was playing basketball with the day before Thanksgiving, who told him how good sweet potato pie is. I looked up this recipe on TOH.com--so delicious! We went to the store on Thanksgiving and made your recipe. Thank you, Anita, for sharing this recipe.
Nov 29, 2015
I created an account just to comment that this is recipe is amazing! Sweet Potato pie is my all time favorite, and I've tried several recipes that have disappointed. None of them were ever this simple and straight forward, or tasty!
Oct 26, 2014
I woke up today wanting a sweet potato pie, but due to having a medical procedure done a few days ago I needed something easy. Tried this pie and loved it. It is much better than my usual recipe. This is now my go to recipe. Delicious!! Thanks for sharing recipe.
Oct 1, 2013
Excellent pie. It's easy to make and so yummy.
Nov 16, 2012
This is one of the best Sweet Potato pies I have ever eaten. This will be on my menu every holiday and probably when it is not a holiday, I like it that much.