Mini Sweet Potato Pies
My 2-year-old son, Levi, helped me create this delicious recipe one day and it was the first day he told me "I love you"! I will always remember making these with him. —Emily Butler, South Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 45 minutes Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake until tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a work surface, unroll one crust. Using a 2-1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 12 circles. Press circles onto bottoms and up sides of 12 nonstick mini muffin cups. Repeat with second crust Chill until filling is ready.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar until crumbly; set aside for topping. Add baked sweet potatoes and remaining brown sugar to food processor; pulse until almost smooth. Fill crust-lined cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with topping.
- Decrease oven setting to 325°. Bake until crust is golden brown, 20-24 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.