Mini Sweet Potato Pies
My 2-year-old son, Levi, helped me create this delicious recipe one day and it was the first day he told me "I love you"! I will always remember making these with him. —Emily Butler, South Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 45 minutes Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake until tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a work surface, unroll one crust. Using a 2-1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 12 circles. Press circles onto bottoms and up sides of 12 nonstick mini muffin cups. Repeat with second crust Chill until filling is ready.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar until crumbly; set aside for topping. Add baked sweet potatoes and remaining brown sugar to food processor; pulse until almost smooth. Fill crust-lined cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with topping.
- Decrease oven setting to 325°. Bake until crust is golden brown, 20-24 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 mini pie: 156 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Mini Sweet Potato Pies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018