Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 66 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 8, 2011
Simple but really tasty cookie!
Feb 26, 2011
These weren't as firm after chilling as I would have thought they should have been, but the finished product was absolutely perfect! And, YUMMY!!!
Sep 18, 2008
I didn't have sprinkles, so I rolled the edges in cinnamon-sugar. My family (who normally won't touch cookies without chocolate chips) liked them.