Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 66 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 8, 2011
Simple but really tasty cookie!
Feb 26, 2011
These weren't as firm after chilling as I would have thought they should have been, but the finished product was absolutely perfect! And, YUMMY!!!
Sep 18, 2008
I didn't have sprinkles, so I rolled the edges in cinnamon-sugar. My family (who normally won't touch cookies without chocolate chips) liked them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.