Sweet Potato Spice Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely shredded uncooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and orange juice concentrate. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 75 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 1, 2015
I thought they were too sweet, possibly because if the coconut. I used sweetened since the recipe didn't specify.
Nov 20, 2014
Uniquely delicious combination of ingredients---easy to make. People were reluctant to try them, but then came back for seconds after tasting one. Easy to make, too!
Jan 22, 2014
Delicious and fun to make. The Grandkids loved them. This recipe is a keeper.
Dec 11, 2013
These were okay. Really kind of boring. Not sure the sweet potato added anything.
Nov 11, 2013
Delicious and so easy to make... Will definitely keep in my Recipe box to make again...
Oct 30, 2013
Very good, but very sweet! One or two was more than enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. This will be a great cookie to make for all the upcoming holiday parties. I didn't have any OJ concentrate, so I used 1 T. orange extract and 2 T. water.
Oct 25, 2013
Kids, husband and coworkers love it. The only thing I changed-instead of orange concentrate I used orange zest from 1 large orange
Sep 28, 2013
These are sooo delicious! I followed the recipe except I used orange juice instead of concentrate because that's only what I had. Still an outstanding cookie and one of our most favorite. Try them!
Jul 17, 2012
this is a keeper, everyone asks for the recipe, cannot keep them on the platter!!
Dec 16, 2010
Have made this recipe several times and have had rave reviews. I make w whole wheat pastry flour instead of white and add extra butterscotch chips. Fabulous!!!!!!! Super buttery and rich.