Sweet Potato Puff
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in coconut.
- Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients until well blended; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 475 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 23, 2014
We loved this recipe. Although I used unsweetened coconut, we still found it a bit sweet for our tastes, so will cut back on the white sugar the next time. It can be made a day ahead then bring to room temp and bake. Yum, yum....will make this one again!
Feb 18, 2013
I boiled sweet potatoes by accident for Thanksgiving and we needed something to use them up and my mom found this recipe and I love it every time she or I make it!
Nov 21, 2012
I have made this for Thanksgiving for several years. I first came across it in your earllier cookbooks. It is requested yearly. We love the leftovers too.
Nov 19, 2012
My mom made this one Thanksgiving and it was a hit ! A nice change from regular sweet potatoes. It is now a family favorite and a must for Thanksgiving. She left out the coconut ,I leave it in either way it is yummy. Reheats nicely too Give it a try you won't be disappointed
Mar 8, 2012
I use this recipe all the time! It is awesome! I sometimes exchange the sweet potato for pumpkin or butternut squash.
Dec 4, 2011
OMG...this was soooo good. Even my grandchildren loved this dish. It will now be added to my Thanksgiving dinner menu for years to come. Thanks for sharing....
Apr 24, 2011
Make this with Pumpkin and Butternut Squash as well. Love to have on all the Holidays!
Dec 29, 2010
I left out the coconut, and the dish was delicious! It's a great side-dish for a big Christmas dinner.
Nov 22, 2010
This is the only way to eat sweet potatoes!
Oct 27, 2010
This recipe is always requested for family gatherings and it always disappears quickly.