Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries
I coat zucchini strips with a mixture of panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and spices, then bake them until they're crispy and golden brown. Delicious!—Matthew Hass, Franklin, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise. Cut each piece lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip zucchini slices in flour, then in egg and then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on a greased rack in a foil-lined rimmed baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.