I came up with this recipe after my daughter had cheese fries at a restaurant and couldn't stop talking about them. She loves that I can fix them so quickly at home. Plus, the frozen fry packets can be refrigerated and reheated. —Melissa Tatum, Greensboro, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen steak fries
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Arrange the steak fries in a single layer in 2 greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 450° for 15-18 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the soup, milk, garlic powder and onion powder; heat through. Drizzle over fries; sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts1 servings: 166 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Fries in Quick Cooking September/October 2005