Air Fryer Pumpkin Fries
Move over French fries, because these homemade pumpkin fries are divine! They're not only healthier than traditional fries, but they're simple to make and crisp up beautifully in the air fryer. The maple-chipotle dipping sauce is the perfect accompaniment. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min./batch0
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium pie pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, maple syrup, chipotle peppers and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Peel pumpkin; cut in half lengthwise; discard seeds or save for toasting. Cut into 1/2-in. strips. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and pepper; toss to coat.
- In batches, arrange pumpkin in greased air-fryer basket. Cook until just tender, 6-8 minutes. Toss to redistribute; cook until browned and crisp, 3-5 minutes longer. Serve with sauce.
Test Kitchen tip