Air-Fryer Sweet Potato-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
I was looking for ways to spice up traditional chicken nuggets and came up with this recipe. The coating adds a crunchy texture and flavor, while the meat is tender on the inside. —Kristina Segarra, Yonkers, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup sweet potato chips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Place chips, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and baking powder in a food processor; pulse until ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss with chicken. Toss chicken with potato chip mixture, pressing to coat.
- In batches, arrange chicken in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 3-4 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen tip