Like deep-fried pickles? You’ll love this version even more. Dill pickle slices are coated with panko bread crumbs and spices, then air-fried until crispy. Dip them in ranch dressing for an appetizer you won’t soon forget. —Nick Iverson, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 15 min./batch
- 32 dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Cooking spray
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Let pickles stand on a paper towel until liquid is almost absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine flour and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs, pickle juice, cayenne and garlic powder. Combine panko and dill in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip pickles in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Spritz pickles and fryer basket with cooking spray. In batches, place pickles in a single layer in basket and cook until golden brown and crispy, 7-10 minutes. Turn pickles; spritz with additional cooking spray. Continue cooking until golden brown and crispy, 7-10 minutes. Serve immediately. If desired, serve with ranch dressing.
Test Kitchen tip