Air-Fryer Nacho Hot Dogs
Adults and kids alike will love these Southwest-inspired air-fryer hot dogs. This meal is not only budget-friendly, but it's hot, cheesy and delicious, too. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 hot dogs
- 3 cheddar cheese sticks, halved lengthwise
- 1-1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips, divided
- Guacamole and sour cream, optional
- Cut a slit down the length of each hot dog without cutting through; insert a halved cheese stick into the slit. Set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. In a large bowl, stir together flour, yogurt, salsa, chili powder, jalapenos and ¼ cup crushed tortilla chips to form a soft dough. Place dough on a lightly floured surface; divide into sixths. Roll dough into 15-inch long strips; wrap one strip around cheese-stuffed hot dog. Repeat with remaining dough and hot dogs. Spray dogs with cooking spray and gently roll in remaining crushed chips. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray, and place dogs in basket without touching, leaving room to expand.
- In batches, cook until dough is slightly browned and cheese starts to melt, 8-10 minutes. If desired, serve with additional salsa, sour cream and guacamole.