Air-Fryer Cheeseburger Onion Rings
This new take on burgers will have your family begging for seconds. Serve these cheeseburger onion rings with spicy ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into squares
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Spicy ketchup, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 335°. In a small bowl, combine beef, ketchup, mustard and salt, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Cut onion into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings. Fill 8 slices with half of the beef mixture (save remaining onion rings for another use). Top each with a piece of cheese and remaining beef mixture.
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour and garlic powder. Place bread crumbs and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip filled onion rings in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, place onion rings in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into beef reads 160°, 12-15 minutes. If desired, serve with spicy ketchup.
Test Kitchen tip