Air-Fryer Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Meatless meals will be so tasty when these hearty air-fryer veggie burgers are on the menu. Guacamole and sour cream make them seem decadent. —Jill Reichardt, St. Louis, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Place beans in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, tomato, jalapeno, egg, cilantro and garlic. Mix until combined. Shape into 4 patties.
- In batches, place patties on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Turn; cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes longer. Serve on buns. If desired, top with sour cream and guacamole.
Test Kitchen tip