Black Bean Chip & Dip Burgers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 1 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mash black beans. Add 1 cup salsa, tortilla chips, taco seasoning and cooked quinoa; mix well. Shape into eight 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onion and remaining salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 247 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 5, 2018
Amazing home made veggies burgers. Not dry at all and full of flavor. I made my own taco seasoning and used tostitoes salsa. Yum!
Jul 27, 2015
my vegan friends ate these burgers, but personally Ii found them a little too dry (i must have done something wrong) and didn't care for the taste...too commercial; would prefer something more traditional.
May 22, 2014
I have been looking everywhere for a good Black Bean Burger recipe. These were so easy to make and even my husband, who is an avid meat-eater loved them. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Apr 19, 2014
Wow-everyone loved these burgers. We added guacamole as an additional condiment. Even though I baked the patties they were still kind of crumbly. Next time I will use refried black beans, melt a slice of cheese on top of each pattie, and make the pattie size smaller (I made 6 burgers instead of 8--I think there is a reason the recipe states to make 8). This recipe will be added to our all-time favorites.
Apr 9, 2014
So good!! We added Monterey Jack cheese on top. Next time I'll mash my beans better - they were a little crumbly and also I think I'll make 6 burgers just to make them a bit bigger. But overall great flavor & so easy to make!
Apr 8, 2014
These were packed with flavor. I did leave out the quinoa bc I had none on hand and used Doritos in place of the baked tortilla chips. I baked them in the oven so the patties held together better.
Apr 1, 2014
Mar 28, 2014
These are our new favorite bean burgers...and very easy to prepare! For the salsa we used a roasted tomato chipotle reja salsa.