Steak and Black Bean Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces beef flank steak
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup cold cooked rice
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steak in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; place down the center of each tortilla. Top with the rice, avocado, beans, sour cream, salsa, onion and cilantro. Roll up; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 449 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Steak Fajita Wrap in The Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.