Salsa Black Bean Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Place beans in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, tomato, jalapeno, egg, cilantro and garlic. Mix until combined. Shape into 4 patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in batches over medium heat until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes on each side. Serve on buns. If desired, top with sour cream and guacamole.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients): 323 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 25, 2017
Liked the taste. I chilled the mixture for about 30 minutes before forming the patties and they held together nicely.
Aug 7, 2017
superb..will try this at home...
Dec 6, 2015
Delicious. I love how quickly they come together. I skipped the jalapeno and cilantro while adding salsa instead of a tomato. Served them with some red onion on top and sweet potato fries on the side. Just wish I'd had some guacamole!!
Aug 10, 2011
I've never eaten meatless burgers before - let alone make them! But these were hands down the tastiest and easiest burgers that I've ever made! I cannot wait to make these again!