Salsa Black Bean Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Place beans in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, tomato, jalapeno, egg, cilantro and garlic. Mix until combined. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in batches over medium heat until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes on each side. Serve on buns. Top with sour cream and guacamole if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without optional ingredients): 323 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 25, 2017
Liked the taste. I chilled the mixture for about 30 minutes before forming the patties and they held together nicely.
Aug 7, 2017
superb..will try this at home...
Dec 6, 2015
Delicious. I love how quickly they come together. I skipped the jalapeno and cilantro while adding salsa instead of a tomato. Served them with some red onion on top and sweet potato fries on the side. Just wish I'd had some guacamole!!
Aug 10, 2011
I've never eaten meatless burgers before - let alone make them! But these were hands down the tastiest and easiest burgers that I've ever made! I cannot wait to make these again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.