Beef and Bean Burritos
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1-1/3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded Mexican cheese blend, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced ripe olives
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Return to pan; add the beans, cheese, enchilada sauce, water, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and end over filling and roll up.
- Freeze option: Wrap individually in paper towels, then foil. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months. To use, unwrap foil. Place paper towel-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, 3-4 minutes. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito (calculated without toppings): 462 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 10g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 25, 2013
This recipe was easy and delicious. I made it last night and my kids loved it. The filling for the burritos was so tasty. I rolled up the burritos then made a toppings bar to serve with it. So the kids had a blast putting the condiments on it. I used the left over burrito filling the next day and made the kids nachos. This recipe is going into my go to recipe binder.
Jun 10, 2013
My daughter made these for dinner & they were great! I'm excited to have extras in the freezer for easy to grab lunches or dinners.
Mar 16, 2013
These have a wonderful flavor. They definitely beat out my favorite combination burrito with one of the national taco chains! I will always keep a batch of these ready in the freezer. Thank you Mindy for the recipe!
Aug 3, 2012
This was pretty easy to make
Mar 8, 2012
Fantastic! Easy to make, reheats wonderfully, filling, and the recipe makes enough for many meals. Making it for the 2nd time right now!
Oct 22, 2011
These were perfect! Delicious - thank you for many happy lunches :-) and more to come!
Oct 19, 2011
Very good and easy to make
Sep 28, 2011
these were really good. hubby loved them too. worked great to just grab from freezer and put in lunches