Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 pounds fresh beef brisket
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Place brisket in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with onion and bacon. Combine tomato sauce, pepper and salt; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine refried beans, salsa and chilies. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; when cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks. Layer bean mixture, meat and cheese off-center on each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve immediately.
- Freeze option: Individually wrap burritos in foil and freeze in freezer container. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake foil-wrapped burritos on a baking sheet until heated through. To reheat one burrito, remove foil and rewrap in damp paper towel; microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds. May be frozen up to 2 months.
1 burrito: 483 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber), 33g protein.